My background is in molecular biology and bioinformatics, specializing in genome informatics and PGT (PGS) applications. I have worked on bioinformatic projects in academic and commercial settings. As a bioinformatics consultant I am now available for freelance project work in the area Mannheim-Ludwigshafen-Heidelberg-Frankfurt and worldwide remotely of course. I can work in a team with lab scientists or software developers but I can also plan and execute your projects independently.
Previous employment work included:
- Development and application of a world-leading genome annotation pipeline in a bioinformatics team (Ensembl, mostly Perl, some Java)
- Infrastructure development and data management as part of a large international collaboration (ENCODE, mostly Perl)
- Development of genomic testing applications, specifically for in-vitro diagnostics (IVF, PGT-A, chromosomal screening, BlueGnome Ldt. & Illumina, Perl, MatLab, Python, C++)
Recent bioinformatics consulting work focused on sequencing data analysis and custom pipeline development.
Most projects required design, prototyping and testing phases. Some were executed to ISO 13485 (medical devices) standard. Writing good documentation for software and projects as well as peer-reviewed scientific publications is something I consider important and enjoyable. Helping customers to use my software and develop new ideas with them is a main driver for me.
Further keywords for my services: high-throughput methods, pipeline development, database design, website design, data analysis, Unix/HPC/Cloud systems, bash scripting, NGS data processing, IVD & LDT development, genetic screening applications, reproductive health, Illumina sequencing, bioinformatics consultancy, genome research, computational biology, scientific programming.
- Are you a small business without a bioinformatics department?
- Or your company might already be larger, but still has more work than hands in the company?
- Do you just want to try out an idea without hiring additional full-time staff?
- Would you like to bring a different structure into your development methods or team?
- Maybe you just want to benefit from some fresh ideas from someone not in the company?
- Are you getting started in the great new world of high-throughput sequencing and are not sure about how to deal with all this data?
Let's talk to see if we can get together and build exciting solutions!
These are the typical steps to start a project.
Gene-Test Bioinformatics Solutions
Dr. Felix Kokocinski
Tel: +49 (0)6256 8595951
Contact me if I can help you with your bioinformatics projects as a consultant. I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with you!
Kontaktieren Sie mich, wenn Sie meine Unterstützung als freier Mitarbeiter (Freelancer) bei Bioinformatik-Projekten benötigen!
Kontaktanfragen auf Deutsch oder Englisch.